How to install Mods for Minecraft Forge
This guide will explain how to install mods that have been made for the Minecraft Forge API.
1. Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
2. Download a Forge compatible mod from this site, or anywhere else!
3. Open Minecraft, click the ‘Mods’ button on the main menu, then click ‘Open Mods Folder’.
Important: Some older versions of Forge may not have the ‘Open Mods Folder’ button. If that is the case, you need to find the folder manually.
- Press the Windows key and R at the same time
- Type %appdata% and press enter
- Find the Minecraft folder and then look for the Mods folder within that
- Click on the desktop and then press Command+Shift+G all at the same time
- Type ~/Library and press enter
- Open the folder Application Support and then Minecraft
4. Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar or .zip file) into the Mods folder.
5. Relaunch Minecraft, and you should now see the mod you have installed in the list!