How to install mods for Minecraft Forge
This guide will explain how to install mods that have been made for the Minecraft Forge API.
1. Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
2. Download a mod for Minecraft Forge from this site, or anywhere else!
3. Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata%\.minecraft\ and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down OPTION and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for minecraft.
4. Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar or .zip file) into the Mods folder.
5. When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.